Business Analyst 5/28/2020
Shurtape Technologies, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Welcome to Shurtape Technologies Consumer & Craftsman group, ShurTech Brands, LLC; home of well known brands Duck(R), T-REX(R), FrogTape(R), Painter's Mate(R) and Shurtape(R) masking, duct, packaging and specialty tape.
This position will function as a member of the Sales Operations team as a consultant to our sales and internal operations teams by identifying opportunities to deliver growth through fact based recommendations and reporting. Key responsibilities include supporting assigned account(s) and sales personnel in helping drive business performance by analyzing available data, identifying trends and performance drivers and providing recommendations to grow sales and improve operational performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Analyze business trends and provide recommendations that allow us to focus on improving key areas of sales performance and service metrics. Recommendations will be data driven insights that:
* Identify key shopper & consumer behaviors that drive sales and traffic
* Replenishment, planning and forecasting insights that support optimal service metrics such as on-time/fill rate and store/warehouse in-stock levels.
* Responsible for continuous performance data analysis using POS and inventory data for use in helping sales, marketing, operations and the customer understand how our program is truly performing by item or category at store level.
* Where applicable for assigned accounts, prepare and develop of all key customer business reviews in conjunction with the Sales team.
* Track and measure activity impacting the business, such as promotions, advertising, resets, item transitions, new item launches, and packaging changes. Have an in-depth understanding of how these activities are executed by store, cannibalization of in-line items, incremental sales growth and the impact of these on customer orders and internal forecasting.
* Develop in-depth knowledge of all assigned customer's merchandising goals and KPIs (ie. minimum case turns, warehouse item velocity, store item velocity, margin goals, GMROII goals, promotional sell-thru, in-stock levels, store presentation). Ability to leverage this information in assortment recommendations and replenishment strategies.
* Where applicable for assigned accounts, develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer's supply chain/replenishment needs and work to execute the smooth flow of goods between ShurTech's distribution centers and the customer. Monitor internal inventory levels and predict shortages prior to realization. Determine root cause of cancellations and communicate all service level information to the customer as required. Communicate any changes in replenishment/inventory planning policies to all affected departments.
* Work with the other internal analysts to share best practices in reporting and tools development.
* Travel as needed. Where applicable for assigned accounts, participate in regular sales and/or supply chain/replenishment meetings with our key customers. Perform market visits to local and nationwide retail stores as requested.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
* 3-5 years of experience in highly analytical work. Experience in one of the following areas is highly preferred: operation logistics, forecasting/replenishment or competitive intelligence, inventory management, CPG companies. Individuals with more experience can be considered for a Sr. Business Analyst position.
* Proven performance with strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Very strong computer skills required: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge in operation logistics, customer in stocks
* Superior problem solving skills with the ability to work independently.
* Strong detail orientation and desire to learn.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to strict deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work in front of a laptop or PC workstation for extended periods of time
* Occasional standing, sitting, walking, and talking on the phone
* Schedule flexibility to include weekend and after-hours workload
* Some travel required to the customer headquarters/stores or ShurTech off-site offices
This is a fast-paced heavily office related, but includes retail store and customer visits, field /contractor observations, and supplier / vendor visits domestically and a work environment with consistent pressure to complete duties as outlined above which requires ability to manage multiple projects at a detailed level and provide support to many internal departments in a fast-changing environment. Many duties listed above are time-sensitive and have strict deadlines for completion.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)