Business/Corporate Paralegal 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
The Business/Corporate Paralegal contributes to the effective management of business transactions, corporate and regulatory matters by providing high-level paralegal services to Cambia attorneys.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Conducts legal research, including statutory, regulatory, and case law.
* Conducts research relating to Cambia internal business practices and procedures.
* Assists in-house attorneys with fact gathering in order to support legal analysis.
* Assists in-house attorneys with corporate governance activities.
* Assists in-house attorneys in preparing business transactions and other legal documents.
* Maintains databases and other information repositories relating to business transactions, documents, and deadlines.
* Communicates with state and federal regulatory agencies.
* Routinely communicates with Cambia personnel and outside counsel and/or their employees regarding the status of business transactions or issues.
* Addresses legal inquiries personally and responds to requests for information, with input from supervisor, as necessary.
* Prioritizes assignments.
* Performs word processing and document editing procedures.
* Performs photocopying and document control activities.
* Performs special projects and duties as assigned by in-house attorneys and approved by supervisor.
* Proofreads legal documents for spelling, grammar and substance to ensure they are error free.
* The Business/Corporate Paralegal would have 2 years of college and/or paralegal program certificate and 5-7 years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate legal department or law firm or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of simple mathematics, grammar and techniques of business and legal composition.
* Use of standard office equipment including telephone, personal computer, , calculator, copier .
* Proficiency in Windows PC applications, including Microsoft Professional Office Suite.
* Knowledge of legal terminology and court rules in each jurisdiction within which Cambia operates.
* Ability to organize information and communicate both orally and in writing with outside attorneys and executives and all levels of employees and management.
* Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion in confidential and sensitive matters, and collaborate with legal team.
* Ability to take ownership and think critically about assignments, identify and prioritize workloads, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and assume increasingly complex responsibilities.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.