Business Development Director - Fort Smith, AR 5/2/2020
Fort Smith, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Smith is seeking a Business Development Director to join the leadership team.
Hospital website: https:https://www.encompasshealth.com/fortsmithrehab
Hospital address: 1401 South J St. Fort Smith, AR 72901
At Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Smith, we are committed to helping our patients regain independence after a life-changing illness or injury. Located in Fort Smith and serving River Valley and eastern Oklahoma, we are an inpatient rehabilitation hospital that provides inpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology for stroke, hip fracture and other complex neurological and orthopedic conditions.
Using clinical collaboration and advanced technologies, we provide a personalized care plan designed to meet our patients' unique needs and help them achieve their goals.
Our inpatient rehabilitation hospital uses an interdisciplinary team approach that includes physical, speech and occupational therapists, rehabilitation physicians, rehabilitation nurses, case managers, dietitians and more, combined with our advanced technology and expertise, to help our patients achieve their goals. Patients receive at least three hours of therapy five days per week while under the constant care of registered nurses, many of whom specialize in rehabilitation, and frequent independent private practice physician* visits.
The Business Development Director is responsible for hospital inpatient and outpatient census through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
The Business Development Director is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
License or Certification:
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to company policy
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment
- Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 40 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at the Home Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 1401 South J Street, Fort Smith 72901
Job ID: 2015732
Contact Name - External: Caroline Mears
Contact Email - External: Caroline.Mears@encompasshealth.com