Business Development Director- Southwest Region
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2020
END DATE 10/20/2020
Matrix North American Construction
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Director of Business Development - Southwest Region (TX,OK,AR, LA, AZ, NM) is primarily responsible for Business Development activities, and developing the Company's products and services throughout the Unites States. Leverage existing customer relationships, and identify and develop new markets and business opportunities. Focus areas include the alignment of Business Development and operations, and the deployment, management and oversight of Business Development Managers, as well as leveraging our capabilities with other Business Development and Operations personnel.
* Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
* Performs market research/analysis, intelligence and strategic planning for new market segments. Identify and prioritize potential new customers and products and develop associated plans to attract new customers or expand existing customer portfolio.
* Identify market positioning initiatives including creation of differentiators in our service offerings.
* Identifies and advances strategic accounts.
* Interface with corporate marketing resources for branding, advertising, collateral and promotion events. Coordinate and attend entertainment activities and events with clients.
* Conducts client intelligence gathering, relationship building and positioning.
* Develop BD strategies including alignment of Company and client strategies. Screen new clients against strategy.
* In conjunction with the Business Unit operations and sales personnel, develop objectives and strategies in support of the business development goals of the business unit.
* Compiles and maintains lists of prospective customers in CRM for use as sales leads based upon information from personal contacts with customers, business directories, trade shows, various sales lead reports, and other sources.
* Prepare and implement business development plans for primary and diversified target markets, including developing and maintaining account plans for major clients, leverage existing customer relationships to all scopes provided by company, and expand existing, and develop new alliances.
* Determine specific project drivers (financing, permitting, ownership, site acquisition, etc.) to provide screening assistance on potential targeted projects and to provide Win Strategies for internal use.
* Develop qualification packages, presentations and marketing materials. Train and assist other company personnel involved in customer communications and presentations, as needed. Assist the Marketing Department in ensuring appropriate marketing material is prepared and updated as required, including brochures, project write-ups, web page, etc.
* Serve as liaison with customers prior to and during contract execution; provide advice, guidance and planning support to prospective and current customers.
* Develop, administer and deploy resources for client management programs.
* Lead and/or participate in the major proposal process, including driving proposal strategy, preparation and contract negotiations. Assist as needed to ensure quotes, schedules and contract terms are adhered to.
* Identify appropriate trade shows for BD and Operations to attend and manage Matrix's attendance at these shows.
* Track leads and inquiries for BD Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and input and maintain contacts and opportunities on the BD communication tool.
* Provide and update documentation and presentation material to support quarterly operations, strategic plans, BD initiatives, Market reports, etc., as requested.
* Identify M&A candidates.
* Perform other responsibilities as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related area, or equivalent job-related experience/knowledge.
* 15+ years' sales, marketing, or business development experience; previous experience in the industrial construction industry preferred.
* Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to make cold calls, negotiate with clients, work with customers, and speak publicly.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents; fundamental mathematical skills, including use of geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
* Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, PowerPoint, Vision, internet search capabilities, and exposure to databases and contact management software experience preferred.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work independently with little direction.
* Southwest region of responsibility (TX, OK, AR, LA, AZ, NM)
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.