Business Development Manager (2149)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2019
END DATE 9/25/2019
ENGIE Services US
South Boston, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT ENGIE SERVICES U.S. INC.:
ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. (ENGIE Services) is a national energy company that works with education, local government, commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations to implement efficiency and sustainable energy solutions that save money, enhance safety, improve assets, and protect the environment. As part of ENGIE, the number one energy services provider in the world, ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the United States. The company has provided more than $2 billion in energy savings for its customers over the past 40 years.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a key member of the sales team. This individual will drive revenue growth for the business and is directly responsible for the development and implementation of sales plans in their designated market. Will develop mechanical and lighting efficiency projects and develop and grow territory. This position requires an in-depth understanding of energy efficiency projects, solutions and technology. The Business Development Manager must have a successful and proven track record navigating complex sales cycles and the ability to find creative solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
Regional Sales Director - C&I
Local Candidates Only
* Develop and maintain a pipeline of efficiency solution sales opportunities. Continuously develop new opportunities from contacts, relationships and cold calling.
* Develop and deliver sales proposals, reports and presentations to current and prospective customers.
* Follow established company processes for project management and sales.
* Collaborate with internal resources to communicate project updates, sales funnel status and customer implementation needs.
* Accountable for sales in designated market. Must meet or exceed sales quota.
* Maintain accurate data for sales activities, including but not limited to the upkeep of the Salesforce database.
* Maintain agreed upon follow up phone calls/emails for leads/opportunities/accounts.
* Responsible for partnering with sales engineers to develop mechanical projects.
* Develop and take ownership in a Regional Strategy specific to an assigned region
* Conduct site evaluations for potential customers
* Update all customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements
* Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with all levels of customers in an account
* Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner
* Work as part of a cross-functional project development team that includes project finance, operations, legal, marketing and communications to secure new business and ensure delighted customers
* Organize customer meetings, contract negotiations, present to potential customers.
* Maintain a revenue and margin quota and robust sales funnel
* Prepare reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts
* Schedule appointments and meetings with customers in order to review and define program opportunities and desired success parameters, and to qualify the opportunity
* Identify and ensure engagement with multiple stakeholders within the customer organization and surrounding community throughout the development process, to determine, define and develop compelling business impact strategies
* Attend critical networking and trade show events to obtain leads, present a positive public image of ENGIE Services US, and expand knowledge of critical issues facing our customer base
* Other tasks/duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
* Strong influencing and communication skills as reflected in an ability to develop deep customer relationships at all levels.
* Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Ambitious and self-motivated.
* Strong computer skills required must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Interest in sustainability strategies, energy efficiency, and renewable energy and passion to serve others and make a difference
* Demonstrated financial and business acumen
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to travel in territory, 50% local (in state/near state) travel.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
* Able to lift 25lbs, bend, stand, climb ladders, and walk
* Able to get from office to offsite customers
* B.A or B.S undergraduate degree required
* A minimum of 5 years sales experience
* A minimum of 3 years experience selling energy efficiency projects, solutions and technology.
* Direct experience selling to commercial and industrial customers
* Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
* Frequently communicates with employees and customers.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.