Business Development Specialist, San Antonio, TX, US, ID# 16344
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/12/2019
END DATE 12/14/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONBusiness Development Specialist, San Antonio, TX, US, ID#16344
Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services' business consultants are experts in providing comprehensive advisory and assistance and health care solutions for hospitals, clinics, and military treatment facilities throughout the United States and Guam. CNHS has leveraged mission-critical demand with results-driven excellence for the past 10 years, and continue to do so. CNHS and its partners can provide robust solutions for your evolving needs.
As a tribal 8(a), SBA certified firm, and an unlimited sole source provider to customers, we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise at our disposal. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS's strong financial support, extensive past performance history and emphasis on quality management expertise allows the company to offer a truly unique value proposition to support any size client base. Large or small, federal or commercial, we are responsive to the mission at hand. CNHS serves customers in more than 27 states and three countries.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/home.aspx
This job is primarily responsible for identifying and generating new business opportunities from the federal government and private sector for Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services. The ideal candidate will have a background in Federal Health, primarily DOD and Defense Health Agency. The selected candidate will be responsible for the growth of a mature and graduating 8(a) tribally owned small business with strong competency in virtual health and medical operations, as well as key strategic customer vehicles. He or she will engage in market analysis, pipeline buildout, business development, generation and maintenance of strategic partnerships, solution design, capture, and proposal activities in support of business growth and recapture.
Business Development Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with manager to develop a sales plan, goals, strategies, budget, etc. and projections for daily, weekly and monthly sales contacts.
* Produce new contract opportunities and corresponding capture plans that ultimately lead to the successful generation of new and profitable business for the sector.
* Use company sales contact system (e.g., Sales Force) and develop processes for system contacts, customer follow-up's, customer screening, etc.
* Provide weekly reporting on progress of sales leads.
* Become involved in local network organizations to identify business opportunities.
* Develop and manage marketing/sales material that increases the company's brand.
* Maintain good communication with the client, supervisor and peers within the organization to ensure feedback is communicated and appropriately acted on.
* Serves as customer liaison, listening and understanding the customer issues and problems, providing a solution if possible, and following through on commitments.
* Research, identify and execute the opportunities in appropriate market.
* Develop and incorporate the expansion strategy and plan for company.
* Manage company's resources and promote overall brand awareness.
* Work with multi-function departments to establish goals between customers/clients.
* Assist cross-functional groups with the start-up of new programs.
* May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering and at least 10 years of experience with federal government contracting or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
Preferred competency and experience:
* Military health background
* 2 years or more of federal health business development experience
* Virtual Health experience
* Experience in medical clinical delivery or medical operations in DOD setting
* Tribal 8a experience is preferred
* Creative problem solving skills
* Eager to engage clients directly and regularly
* Analytical mindset to understand the marketplace and expansion opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated ability to drive business sales and profit growth.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams and across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints.
* Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
* Results-oriented with strong process and execution skills.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite.
* Ability to cultivate a network of business contacts and convert these relationships into leads and contract wins.
* Able to quickly learn and appropriate use of technical terms for services provided by the company.
* Customer oriented, self-disciplined, and results focused.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment but will be required to conduct tours and visit manufacturing facilities. Travel will be required, including overnight stays.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.