Business Services Specialist After-Hours 6/5/2020
Campbell Clinic Orthopedics
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is a part-time after hours position. The hours are Mon-Thurs 4-8.
Provides positive customer interface, obtains and enters in computer all information needed for patients seen in the Clinic to ensure accurate billing.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Greets visitors and patients to determine their needs and directs them accordingly
* Collects appropriate documentation from patient and enters into PM system
* Collects copay, coinsurance or other balances owed on account
* Prints billing slip for physician to mark services performed
* Schedules follow-up appointments and cancels patient appointments due to no show
* Enters charges same day of service
* Codes diagnosis
* Reconciles payments daily
* Ensures that claims are in drop status at charge entry
* Maintains cash drawer for making change and balances it daily
* Verifies that all billing slips are submitted at the end of the day
* Prints appropriate registration forms from medical record system for future appointments
* Obtains precertification
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
* Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
* Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
* Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Previous customer service experience required. Experience in the operations of a physician's office is required.
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate. Basic computer skills required. Must be able to type.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled