This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/6/2019
END DATE 12/6/2019
North Wind - Portage
Grand Junction, CO
North Wind - Portage
Grand Junction, Colorado
The Buyer will prepare a variety of purchase orders on behalf of the Company. Identify potential suppliers and review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best value. The Buyer will contribute to the overall goals of the company and department by supporting the daily procurement and operational needs of the organization. This entails interaction with departments and projects across the organization following established guidelines and utilizing procurement systems and procedures. Creates efficiencies where needed while being mindful of cost, revenues and expense. Duties include:
* Issuing RFQ/RFPs, creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists, track deliveries and receiving to ensure exactly what was ordered is received.
* Support receipt inspections and check shipments and deliveries to ensure the appropriate items were delivered.
* Assist with invoicing and produce and maintain reports.
* Negotiate with suppliers to ensure best value and price is be achieved for the company.
* Facilitates and monitors the purchasing requisition system.
* Actions approved requisitions and coordinates with contracting in accordance with company process and procedure.
* Issues purchase orders commensurate with experience and demonstrated capability.
* Support and maintain vendor relations/performance to facilitate quality, service, price and delivery objectives.
* Help address vendor discrepancies related to shortages/overage/quality issues for corrective action-disposition.
* Supports market research and delivery conditions to determine available suppliers or vendors.
* Support price negotiating/cost reduction efforts.
* Address purchasing inquiries and status and effectively communicate process and system requirements.
* Assist Manager with additional reports and/or tasks as required.
* Expert in multi-tasking with ability to respond to rapidly changing project and business demands.
* Perform such other functions and duties as is customary to the position in other companies working in the government contracting industry.
* High School with some related college experience.
* Relevant Purchasing or Subcontract Administration Experience.
* Basic knowledge of standardized purchasing regulations, policies, and procedures; established
commodities and markets; and common business practices to make purchases involving commercial and
government requirements and average complexity.
* Knowledge of solicitation and purchasing methods, and to make noncompetitive open market
purchases, purchases under established contracts, or competitive open market purchases.
* Knowledge of frequently used and easily understood regulations, such as those related to required
sources, the use of mandatory schedules, or ordering and documentation procedures for routine
purchases, to ensure regulatory compliance throughout the purchasing process. * Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to obtain limited access to government sites, if necessary.
* Procurement Experience with government contracts/subcontracts a plus.
* Safety Awareness-Ability to adapt to and maintain a safety-conscious work environment.
* Ethical - Ability to demonstrate, conduct, and conform to a set of values and accepted standards, such as honesty, integrity, reliability, and accountability.
* Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task, and perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
* Team Work - Ability to effectively work within a team environment to effectively accomplish work activities, exhibiting a professional demeanor toward co-workers and customers.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.