CAFE MANAGER, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/5/2019
END DATE 12/7/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: CAFE MANAGER
Location: Cambridge, MA Note: Only online applications are accepted.
Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Summary: As a Café Manager, you will hold duties related to the supervision of the food service operation of a medium to large volume location. The café manage ensures the standards of excellence are met, supervises associates, and supports the Director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages café operations.
* Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
* Assists with interviewing and hiring.
* Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the café.
* Prepares and maintains volume trend analysis reports on a daily basis.
* Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards.
* Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
* Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
* Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures, and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
* Operational knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance requirements.
* ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 317617
JULIA N DIXON
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://compassgroup.contacthr.com/73363609.jpg /