Senior Calibration Technician - FCX/PCI - Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/17/2019
END DATE 6/9/2020
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN - FCX/PCI - RALEIGH, NC
Raleigh, NC, US, 27617 Company: 9290-FCX Performance, Inc
The Calibration Technician II reports directly to the Team Leader, Manager, or Director depending on the organizational structure. These positions are non-exempt. This job description is applicable to Calibration Technicians on the Process and Analytical Teams, levels I, II, and Senior. Fifty to seventy-five percent travel may be required based on project and client needs.
Calibration Technicians complete calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following PCI and/or client specific policies and procedures. They are expected to take a proactive role in supporting the Team and in providing client support and are expected to build a high level of trust with internal and client personnel. This trust is developed through consistently upholding PCI Values and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment.
In addition to the above expectations, the Tech II is expected to identify and execute tasks that enhance the ability of PCI to provide an added value service for clients and provide guidance and direction on technical issues. Tech II s have a higher level of technical experience and expertise to troubleshoot issues, as well as assist in providing innovative, creative, effective, and long-term solutions.
Calibration Technician I
* Completes calibrations and qualifications in a safe, timely, and accurate manner, following PCI and client specific policies and proposals.
* Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of PCI and client equipment, including testing and standards equipment.
* Identifies project supply and equipment needs and conveys to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
* Works to understand client needs and requirements through effective communication and develops client relationships through excellent customer service. Ensures client requests are conveyed to the appropriate PCI management resource and met in accordance with management direction.
* On average, 90 - 95% of work time will be utilized completing calibration and maintenance events.
* Timesheets and expense reports are completed weekly with accurate labor and expense codes.
* Maintains a neat and professional PCI work area and projects a professional image at all times.
* Always considers safety when executing tasks and projects. Ensures that PCI work areas are safe, neatly organized and professional on-site and in an office environment.
* Is attune to potential new opportunities for PCI when at a client site or interacting with a client and relays this lead back to Leader/Manager.
Calibration Technician II (in addition to those listed above)
* Without direct supervision, completes calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following PCI or client specific policies and procedures, and in a safe manner.
* Provides effective solutions to client needs and requirements, effectively communicates with clients, and develops client relationships through excellent customer service.
* Identifies potential value-added business opportunities at client sites and shares with appropriate PCI Team Manager.
* Develops basic quotes or proposals; assists with development of complex proposals.
* Professional, diplomatic, and tactful with potentially sensitive issues; has a good understanding of the business case. Comfortable dealing with all levels of management and clients, respected by peers and clients.
* Handles PCI and client owned equipment and test equipment with care and trains other Associates on proper use and handling.
* Ensures safe work practices are followed by other PCI Associates.
* Plans and makes sure project supplies and equipment are ready and available. Works with appropriate company resources in advance to ensure all project needs are met.
* Completes timesheets with correct labor code charges (weekly) and assists other PCI Associates in proper coding of time and expenses.
* May assist in PCI onboarding process and serves as a role model and mentor to other technicians through professional actions/ethics and technical skills.
* Is familiar with all PCI service offerings and is comfortable exploring potential leads while at client sites.
Calibration Technician I
* Basic understanding of Traceability, Substitution of Standards, and Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios.
* Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation; as well as manual and computer-based process control loops and systems; understands and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
* Basic understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
* Ability to climb stairs; climb on equipment such as tanks. Moderate to heavy lifting.
* Understanding and awareness of safety requirements and safe practices.
* General electrical panel knowledge and electrical safety procedures.
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
* Must have a valid driver s license and good driving record.
* Reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working with people.
* Able to make independent decisions within defined scope of work, seeks clarification and directions when needed. Must be self-driven and demonstrate ability to work with little direction.
* Listens well and asks questions to learn more.
* Displays good organizational skills.
Calibration Technician II
* Thorough understanding of calibration concepts and requirements including accuracy testing requirements.
* Thorough understanding and application of GMPs and Life Science industry regulations.
* Thorough understanding and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
* Effective communication and problem solving skills with clients and coworkers.
Experience & Education Required for the Calibration Technician II:
A four-year degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Electronics, other related technical field or equivalent military training and two years of applicable (Metrology, Instrumentation, Calibration) experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Quality System/Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other