Canyon Stone - Installation Manager - Olathe, KS 8/20/2020
Cornerstone Building Brands
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Apply Now
CANYON STONE - INSTALLATION MANAGER - OLATHE, KS
Olathe, KS, USA Req #3906
Friday, October 16, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
* Opportunity Description:
The Installation Manager has total accountability for installation operations pertaining to stone veneer and other masonry by performing the following duties personally, or through subordinate project managers, crew leads, service tech s and administrative personnel and through coordination with sales, manufacturing and other functional disciplines. Relocation negotiable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
* Owns the outcomes and processes related to ensuring the safety of our employee crews, subcontracted teammates and customer job sites.
* Creates and maintains an efficient master installation schedule that best satisfies all customer installation demands utilizing our proprietary Job Information Manager
* Responds to customers needs by providing timely feedback regarding all scheduling and other execution related issues
* Implements companywide installation procedures and best practices Comes alongside the subordinate Project Managers to implement company installation practices and procedure using the Install Playbook.
* Advises the business unit on masonry best practices
* Owns the outcomes for and drives accountability to SOP s for day-to-day operating procedures such as job-site safety and quality inspections; communication follow-up with customers, crews, teammates; pay policies for installation crews, back-charges and fines for subcontractor crews as required.
* Conducts and advises PM s on installation training for PM s, crew leads and crews and sets the expectations for installation fundamentals Safety, quality, scheduling, communication and housekeeping.
* Maintains installation scorecards and performance metrics using proprietary tools such as JIM, SLIM. OJCR, IJCR, etc.
* Works with PM s to develop and maintain adequate capacity of installation crews to ensure a Customer Experience 2nd to None.
* Maintains systemsfor all active job files that encompass work order travelers, special instructions, plans/elevations, pre/post inspection worksheets, approved labor tickets for extra work, EPO/VPO from customer in order to invoice and be paid utilizing established tools and SOP s.
* Provides oversight of field measurements and verifies installation of product in accordance with work-order specifications, ESW best practices and customer expectation and contractual obligations.
* Handles customer issues and concerns in a professional and courteous manner that protects the interests of the company while best satisfying the customer
* Interfaces with manufacturing for the purposes of production scheduling, product quality issues, new product ideas, and selection, and purchasing of installation materials
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
* Manages both labor and materials costs vs .plan.
* Keeps regional and company management team apprised of variances to costs, capacities in labor and materials as well as customer feedback in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
Supervises other employees and managers/supervisors.Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Safety and Compliance
*Sets Expectations and Goal Setting
*Ownership of Work for self and others
*Evaluates and selects talent
*Aligns self and others
*Ability to build and instill trust with others
*Experienced and skilled in cost management
*Ensures compliance with all Safety initiatives and requirements
*Meets or exceeds Sales and Margin goals
*Ensures compliance with Company SOP s and Standard Work
*Develops, coaches and drives employee engagement and development of staff.
*Aligns self and others with Company, Region and Area short- and long-term goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma; two-year technical degree or Bachelor s degree (technical or construction management major) is desired or equivalent experience. Requires five (5) or more years experience in a construction environment.Must have installed product experience. Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (MS Word and Excel); must be capable user of email.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
* Ability to utilize appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service with customers.
* Absolute understanding of the construction process
* Ability to deliver a consistent, accurate and up to date description of the services and products offered by the Company, while setting realistic expectations of the Company s ability to deliver these products and/or services.
* Excellent time management, decision making, human relations, presentation and organization skills.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful and preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, construction blue prints or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in a timely way.Ability to read and write the English language.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.