Capital and Instruments Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2020
END DATE 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEAM LEADER - FIRST SHIFT
Team Leader who provides leadership to the team and Associate Team Leaders. Provide the necessary direction, coordination and evaluation of a production team. Carry out supervisory responsibilities. Lead the production team to achieve shift, factory and business KPI's. This position is responsible for planning and assigning work; implementing policies and procedures; increasing subordinates' skills and capabilities; and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Build alliances with cross function departments. Grow talent through employee development and promote employee engagement. Communication liaison between management and production workers. Motivate team to develop and strengthen their skills and potentials and to work towards the execution of their projects. Manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Reports to factory manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieving KPI relevant to the shift and factory (Quality, Cost, Service, & Employee Engagement).*Promote talent within the team and help the team achieve maximum efficiency as a manufacturing operation.
* Ensure personnel are effectively trained and competent in their work assignments.
* Deliver high manufacturing quality, manufacturing efficiencies, cross trained team and identify the areas of the team that may need improvements.
* Training & Compliance -- ensure that all personnel (factory & support) are adequately trained n and comply with all quality &EHS procedures
* *Employee Relations - Ensure effective employee relations. Make employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Consider overlap communication (start of shift mtgs, crossovers,etc).
* Production Results - Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to managers.
* People Development - Coach and counsel employees; document/discuss performance reviews on a timely basis. Provide employee coaching and development. Performance & Succession Management.
* Safety & Workplace Results - Perform accident investigations. Ensure good house keeping is maintained in compliance with 5s results.
* Continued Improvement - Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas; improve productivity, scrap & efficiency.
* Time & Attendance - track absenteeism and timekeeping
* Bachelors degree or equivalent.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option #3.