Capital Markets Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/18/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For a Capital Markets Intern
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Securities business in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As an Capital Markets Intern
Join a team of professionals at Aon Securities focused on providing corporate finance (Mergers & Acquisitions) and Capital Markets (Insurance-Linked Securities and other capital raises) advisory services to Aon s insurance clients. The role will be modeled after the traditional Wall Street investment banking Analyst position.
Individual will work in a team environment on a variety of tasks, including:
* Financial Modeling and Analysis building financial projection models and M&A combination analyses
* Strategic Assessment researching individual clients and targets and developing analysis to support strategic merger rationale
* Insurance-Linked Securities help clients solves some of their most complex financials and strategic risk-transfer challenges through the capital markets notes capacity
* Presentation Development creating PowerPoint presentations and analysis
* Client and Industry Research obtaining information and insight to aid in development of recommendations or conclusions
* Maintaining Valuation Analyses performing comparable company analysis, comparable transaction analysis, regression analysis, etc.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Passion for finance, business and strategic advisory
* High self-motivation
* Focused, meticulous
* Confident, good presence
* Demonstrated history of hard work and effort
* Flexible, adaptable in work tasks and approach
* Ability to work in a collaborative and matrixed environment
* Good interpersonal skills, client management and communication capabilities
* Ability to perform under time and deal pressures
* Minimum GPA of 3.50 in major
* Undergraduate Business Degree, ideally in Investment Banking, Accounting & Finance or Economics
Applications for this role, part of the national Aon Summer Internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2020 Summer 2021 and have a minimum GPA of 3.50 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
* An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon s businesses
* An understanding of Aon s ethical standards
* Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
* Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
* Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon s internal systems
* Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply for this jobApply
Share with a friendShare
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Join our Talent Community to stay informed about Aon opportunities.
Software Powered by iCIMS