Capital Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2019
END DATE 2/28/2020
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices. Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering, project delivery, and design-build services For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
Capital Project Manager
OBG, Part of Ramboll is currently looking for experienced Project Managers / Project Leaders to support a multi-year project in our Advanced Manufacturing Brand being conducted for an International Aerospace Manufacturer with a facility located in Columbus, Georgia. Candidate shall have prior Industrial project experience in capital project management, procurement of equipment and subcontracts, installation/relocation of large equipment, construction safety management, financial oversight and reporting, contract management and client management.
This position is an on-site position with responsibilities to assist the Program Manager with management and execution of capital equipment upgrade projects and leadership of the internal and external project team members. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Plan, budget, schedule and document the projects you are assigned
* Ensure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and within budget
* Lead teams to accomplish project goals
* Manage multiple projects at one time (5-15)
* Work within the operational guidelines to procure equipment and services
* Coordinate large equipment procurement though client Capital Equipment Procurement Office
* Technical understanding of equipment specifications
* Use good judgment in leading projects through decisions
* Lead construction kickoff meetings with contractor leads and client representatives
* Develop scopes of work and assembling RFQ (Request for Quote) packages
* Preparation of detailed project schedules including:
* Procurement of equipment and delivery
* Commissioning and validation of equipment
* Manage construction contracts with responsibility for schedule leadership & oversight, change management, punch list, and contract close out
* Work with client EH&S, Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance representatives to complete the client project closeout tasks
Skills & Qualifications:
* Associate Degree in Applied Science plus 13+ years relevant years of experience, or Bachelor s degree in an Engineering/Project Management discipline or Construction plus 10+ years of relevant experience.
* Previous experience with Capital Equipment installation projects
* Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical Piping, Machinery and Rigging
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint
* Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data
* Knowledge of Project Scheduling and Estimating
* Leadership in Safety and Planning
* OSHA 30-hour Safety Training for Supervisors
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* High level of energy and ability to motivate teams
* Extensive travel is required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive cons ideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.