Cardiac Monitor Technician - EMCM 6/3/2020
Einstein Healthcare Network
Plymouth Meeting, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager or RN, the Monitor Technician observes and documents information associated with patients who are receiving cardiac monitoring, either via telemetry or hard wire monitoring
* Keeping every RN informed about the patients most recent cardiac rhythm
* The Cardiac Monitor Techs [kardex] will be the source of reference for the patients cardiac rhythm for all involved in the patients care
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* HS diploma or equivalent required
* Miminum of 6 months of previous monitor tech experience required
* Medical terminology experience preferred
* Prior rhythm experience preferred
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
* Visual Requirements: Visual dexterity needed in working with monitoring equipment, rhythm strips and computer.
* Hearing Requirements: Able to hear normal conversations and telephone communication.
* Working Conditions: High volume and activity in a stressful clinical area.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.