Cardiographic Technician I 8/21/2020
Maine Medical Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Maine Medical Partners (MMP) is a respected group of primary care and specialty medical practices. Working together to provide coordinated care, we make sure our patients receive safe, effective, high-quality services.
Maine Medical Partners is a department of Maine Medical Center, which is part of the MaineHealth family of regional hospital systems. MMP providers work closely with hospital providers to coordinate the treatment and services our patients receive. Our pediatric providers are on the medical staff of The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, the state's only full-service children's hospital.
We are proud to play a role in improving the health of our communities and the patients who rely on us from across our region.
* POSITION SUMMARY
* Responsible for performing technical work in the delivery of electrocardiographic testing services to include electrocardiograms and stress tests.
* REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: High school graduate preferred. Graduate of cardiovascular technology course preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current BLS required.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year's experience as an ECG technician with training in arrhythmia recognition or equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
* Knowledge of fundamental theory, principles, practices, techniques and equipment used in all aspects of electrocardiographic testing.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
* Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
* Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
* Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proficient computer skills.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.