Cardiologist / Medical Director - Denver, CO 1/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY YOU.
You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Physician and Medical Director in Cardiology.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services. In Colorado, we pride ourselves on working together to care for patients living in communities throughout the Denver metro and Boulder areas. Our network is comprised of more than 40 primary care and specialty clinics and approximately 150 physicians and advanced practice clinicians.
SCL Heart and Vascular Institute (a service line under SCL Health Medical Group) aims to combine heart care excellence, human kindness and understanding, and state-of-the-art technologies to provide world class care to our local communities.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits.
Together, well improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set.
Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Medical Director for the Denver/Front Range Cardiovascular Operations, youll work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to support success in reaching the regions operational goals. As a Physician in the SCL Heart and Vascular Institute, youll work with 21 other physicians, 12 Advanced Practitioners and a multitude of support staff to provide top-notch care and patient experience.
* You would practice in Denver, Colorado 60% of the time to include call coverage on a 1:7 basis. Practice site will be based on sub-specialty (Saint Joseph Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center, or Good Samaritan Medical Center)
* The other 40% of your time would be supporting operational goals in a Medical Director role across our 5 clinics in the Denver/Front Range area
* You will provide operational and strategic leadership, and facilitate communication and collaboration across the Denver/Front Range Cardiovascular team.
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
* Board Certified in your sub-specialty of Cardiology
* A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience working as a cardiologist and still practicing
* A minimum of 3 years of progressive healthcare leadership experience
Its also a big plus if you have:
* Masters Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other business-related field
* Experience working in a complex health system
* Certification in healthcare communication, coaching or equivalent experience
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Cardiologist and Medical Director on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities