(CASC) High School Guidance Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/22/2019
END DATE 7/12/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(CASC) High School Guidance Counselor
SUMMARY: Utilizing leadership, timely communication, advocacy and collaboration, the High School Guidance Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, personal and social development, and career and college planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Provides an individual planning system to guide students toward diploma and post-secondary goals;
* Communicates regularly with students, parents/guardians and staff, entering all contacts in TVS;
* Plans program, facility use and ordering of diplomas for all graduation events;
* Maintains and communicates with students, parents/guardians and staff senior student status on or before final semester verbally and in writing with formal letter;
* Designs and implements an Individual Learning Plan for students;
* Reviews completeness of student Individual Learning Plan to include meeting with students and parents once each semester, logs all contact in TVS;
* Assists students in the acquisition of academic opportunities and benefits;
* Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans;
* Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents;
* Delivers individual and group guidance curriculum supporting student development;
* Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development;
* Provides responsive services to individuals or groups on academic and personal issues;
* Reviews all student transcripts, sets meetings with student and parent to discuss and logs all contacts in TVS;
* Serves as Testing Coordinator to the authorizing District helping to ensure that all testing related data is accurate and up to date and assisting in coordinating testing sites for all state testing initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree AND
* Three (3) years of experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Appropriate state certification for high school counselor.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* TIME MANAGEMENT: Meets all requirements of day-to-day operations to fully support the position; completes large tasks/projects by the deadline required.
* ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
* INTEGRITY/ETHICS: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
* TEAMWORK: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); Basic Web and database proficiency
* Ability to travel 25% of the time.
* Ability to pass required background check including obtain required fingerprint clearance
* Master s degree in school counseling
* Experience with distance learning
* Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
* Experience as a 7-12 teacher
* Experience in a customer service environment.
* Experience with Local, State, and Federals laws and mandated reporting
* Experience in a charter school environment preferred
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend