CASC, Transition Specialist 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
Get To Know Cyber Academy Of South Carolina (CASC) !
Cyber Academy Of South Carolina
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, CASC. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of CASC is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Transition Coordinator oversees all Special Education/IEP transition plan related activities at the school/district level.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Oversees all interagency linkages for special education transitions;
* Plans and carries out transition related outings, such as transition tours, job shadows, and job experiences, including meetings with employers and secondary education institutions;
* Supervises the writing, implementation, and progress of IEP transition plans;
* Conducts parent, student, and teacher training related to transition topics;
* Collects and maintains data related to: IEP attendance; survey completion; entry into state database for Indicator 14 survey; PSO activity;
* Develops course of study for all students with collaboration from counselors;
* Writes Summary of Performance for exiting students;
* Creates comprehensive post-high school program for students with significant disabilities;
* Attends annual transition plan meeting.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Other Duties & Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
* Facilitates parent transition team
* Obtains Consent to Invite Outside Agencies at the beginning of each year
* Ensures compliance with all State/District requirements for maintaining files
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree AND
* 3 years education experience
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: see below.
Other Required Qualifications:
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 25% of time to travel statewide to blended learning sites.
* Ability to pass required background check
* Special Education or Counselor certification
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.