Cashier, Stock, Sales Team Member
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
West Hartford, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE ROLE
As a Retail Team Member, you play an essentialrole in the customer service experience by providing customers with fast andfriendly service. You will build relationships with customers, processtransactions, maintain floor merchandise and inventory standards, answerquestions, and ensure customers leave feeling positive about their visit. Bothpart-time and full-time positions may rotate between working as a cashier, asales specialist or merchandiser/stock associate. You will report to thestore management team.
Join us to become an industry expert in a fun and thriving retail company!
YOU WILL * Provide customer service by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers while informing them of our products and services.
* Perform cashier functions and follow minor policy while completing customer transactions
* Participate in wine, spirits, and beer training to learn how you can provide customers with recommendations and connect them to the right products
* Replenish and maintain inventory and store visual presentation, including home spots, end caps, and platforms in preparation for product delivery
* Maintain store safety and cleanliness standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR * 21 years of age or older
* Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
* Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
* 1-year retail sales associate, cashier/cash handling, merchandiser, or inventory specialist experience preferred, to include greeting customers, stocking, merchandising, managing inventory, or replenishment
* Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude
* Value collaboration and acting as a team player
* Desire to develop retail service skills and knowledge of product and services
* WSE, Sommelier, or other industry certification preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMMODATIONS): * Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
* Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
WE OFFER * Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Generous store discounts
* Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
* 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Disability and life insurance coverage
* Paid parental leave
* College tuition assistance
* Career development, industry knowledge, and wine, spirits, and beer education
* Consumer classes
* & More!
GROW WITH US!
Total Wine & More is the country s largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at !
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.