Cat Scan Technologist ( Per Diem) 8/21/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
Old Bridge, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Cat Scan Technologist performs computer tomography procedures and related techniques, producing sectional and three-dimensional images for the interpretation and assists with interventional and therapeutic procedures.
A day in the life of a Cat Scan Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Performs complex CT procedures.
* Uses professional judgment when reviewing and obtaining patient's clinical history for procedures, ensuring information is documented and scanned into PACS.
* Prepares and reviews the accuracy of the contrast questionnaire with patient and/or family member and scan into EPIC.
* Identifies and/or administers oral contrast and contrast media as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
* Reviews the patient prescription to verify appropriateness of exam and if incorrect, communicates with the Radiologist and Referring Physician to obtain additional clinical information or a new prescription.
* Responsible for calling physicians to clarify the prescription in accordance with the appropriate CT protocols.
* Responsible for verifying insurance authorized exam script and send exam modification forms to Finance for insurance re-verification
* Responsible for obtaining outside studies (CD) then scheduling them in EPIC so the CD and reports are available in PACS in order to be compared by Radiologists.
* Responsible for providing exam copies to the patient and requesting physician and/or family member.
* Evaluates radiographs using PACS System to ensure that radiographs contain proper identification and are of diagnostic value.
* ses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record, significant others and health care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient safety. The collection of information is determined by the patient's needs or condition.
* Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared for the procedure.
* Preps patient for scanning: (i.e. shielding, immobilization devices).
* Determines appropriate type and dose of contrast to be administered.
* Provides accurate explanations and instructions at any appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand. Addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding the procedure when appropriate.
* Performs venipuncture, IV patency, and maintenance procedures according to established guidelines.
* Monitors the patient's physical condition for any adverse reactions during the procedure.
* Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
* Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients care.
* On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
* Adheres to the policy of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
* Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
* Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
* Must be a graduate of accredited School of Radiology
* NJDEP license and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) are required
* One (1) or more years of CT experience is required; preferably in a hospital setting
* Two (2) or more years of experience in a hospital/trauma setting is preferred
* CT certification is preferred or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire
* Current BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required within (6) months of hire
* Must be able to work holidays, weekends and on-call
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.