Category Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/13/2020
END DATE 6/11/2020
Ste Michelle Wine Estates
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONSte. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Category Development Manager to join our team working remotely from their home. This key position will contribute to the development of Category Management infrastructure for Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (SMWE) with the objective of becoming the industry leader in providing category management driven solutions to meet the needs of our retail partners. This position will have specific responsibilities aligned with top markets and top accounts in the Convenience and Grocery Channels.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Develop insights and analytics work to identify opportunities and provide recommendations to deliver wine category and SMWE's growth at strategic retail chain accounts.
* Synthesize category, shopper, consumer and marketplace trend information to develop fact-based recommendation to optimize shelf, feature, display and assortment decisions at retail.
* Work closely with distributor and key retail trade partners to test and implement category management principles at retail.
* Ability to quickly manipulate and summarize data to bring insights that are meaningful, actionable, timely, and aligned with top account objectives.
* Detail oriented, excellent project management.
* Consistently demonstrate objectivity when reporting findings.
* Strong presentation skills
* Able to function professionally under pressure situations
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor degree strongly preferred. Major in Food Management, Analytics, Business or Marketing-related field. Master degree a plus.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum 5 years prior experience in the Category Management field
* Continental travel, up to 35% of the time
* Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Strong analytical skill to interpret and manipulate large and varied data sets
* Technical skill set include: space planning applications (JDA/Apollo), ability and experience with various point-of-sale analytic/information-based software applications (IRI/Nielsen/Market6 or Retailer POS data).
* Knowledge of shopper panel or retailer shopper card data (dunnhumby/84.51 /Symphony EYC/Numerator) is preferred.
* Familiarity with advanced data visualization tool (Tableau/Power BI) is preferred
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Additional BenefitsRetirement Income Plan
Matching Gifts for Education
Matching Gifts for Charitible Organizations