CDL Class A Driver - $1000 Bonus! 8/19/2020
Cornerstone Building Brands
North Brunswick, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Apply Now
CDL CLASS A DRIVER - $1000 BONUS!
North Brunswick Township, NJ, USA Req #2710
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
$1000 Bonus for all new employees after 90 days of employment!
This opportunity will be based in North Brunswick, NJ. The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service. This is a hands-on delivery driving position and will be OTR during the week and home on the weekends.
* Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors).
* Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights
* Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations.
* Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
* Professional representation of Silver Line Windows.
* Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at Silver Line.
* Valid Class A Commercial Driver s License and doubles endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location
* Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record
* 2 years previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience
* Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
* Good oral communication skills
* Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board computer system and by phone
* Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
* Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance
* Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
* Satisfactorily pass a drug test
* Ability to sit and remain alert while driving for extended periods of time
* Ability to shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals
* Ability to perform frequent squatting or crouching to handle position and secure windows and doors
* Able to enter and exit the vehicle s cab as many as 45 times a day or more
* Able to perform frequent pushing or pulling of windows and doors weighing up to 100 pounds on a dolly or cart
* Able to frequently carry windows and doors weighing up to 50 pounds of varying size and shape and occasionally carry windows and doors weighing up to 100 pounds
* Able to frequently reach for cargo above shoulder level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck
* Able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil coolant levels
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
* Paid time off (PTO)
* Paid holidays
* 401(k) plan
* Professional development
* Tuition reimbursement
* A culture that supports work-life balance
* An environment where collaboration is key
* Volunteer opportunities on company time
* Training & career progression
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED CORNERSTONE BUILDING BRANDS/PLY GEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF AGE, RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, DISABILITY, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Supply Chain Management
* Pay Type Hourly
* Travel Required Yes
* Required Education Certification