CDL Driver / Bulk Tank Driver - Fort Morgan 8/21/2020
Dairy Farmers of America
Fort Morgan, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Purpose: Utilizing DFA tractor and trailer, transports raw milk from farm to processing plant or trucking terminal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operates a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with DOT and DFA rules, regulations and policies adhering to all safety practices
* Following dispatch schedule and directions from dispatch and location supervisory personnel, travels to location to transport raw milk
* Transfers raw milk from farm containers to trailer
* Takes quality and control samples at farm
* Measures milk loaded into trailer
* Follows designated routes and schedules unless otherwise directed by supervisory personnel
* Takes measures to minimize truck idle times and conserve fuel consumption
* Maintains positive communications with producers, listens for issues or potential problems, reports producers' comments to transportation and member services management
* Represents DFA positively and professionally at all times during interactions with producers, customers, or regulatory personnel Licensing and Certification:
* Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Normal demands associated with commercial truck driving
* Some strenuous work involving lifting, connecting, disconnecting hoses
* Ladder climbing to access top of tank trailers and farm tanks
* Normal exertion associated with hooking and unhooking trucks and trailers.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Must have a current CDL (Class A) in state of residence. Must have, or be able to obtain, a tanker endorsement.
* Must be at least 23 years of age.
* An acceptable Motor Vehicle Report is required
* Must have at least 1 year of tractor/trailer experience to be considered. 2 years of tractor/trailer experience within the last 5 years is preferred..
* Must meet all DOT requirements.
* Must be able to work a schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off, with rotating days off. MVR:
* DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application.
* DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 conviction for violations of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the year preceding the date of application.
* DUI: - DFA will not consider applicants who have incurred a DUI or drug and/or alcohol related convictions during the 7 year period preceding the date of application. Pay: Based on