CDL Driver/Laborer Seattle North
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/11/2020
END DATE 8/1/2020
Mastec Utility Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONMASTEC UTILITY SERVICES Group activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MASTEC you'll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MASTEC offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a CDL DRIVER/LABORER to join our dynamic Team in the North Seattle Area (this position will be located north of the city) supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
MASTEC UTILITY SERVICES GROUP is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 12K, 12N,12V, 12W, 21E, 21J, 25P, 91C, 91L, 11B, 1100, 1120, 1316, 9970-9975, 0612, 2T3XX, 2E1XX, 3E2XX, 3E3XX, 9T0XX, BU, UT relate well to this position.
Having a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License, the successful candidate will be able to operate in a safe manner various pieces of heavy construction equipment, in addition to providing general labor for aerial and underground construction projects. The position supports all phases of field construction along with providing support to warehouse and fleet operations.
* Towing various trailers with flatbed trucks
* General labor on construction sites
* Placement of conduit as directed by Foreman or Supervisor
* Map reading and directions
* Support with trench digging and closing
* Support with movement of materials and vehicles as directed by Foreman or Supervisor
* Maintenance services as directed by Foreman to include: - Cleanup, Wash Vehicles, Landscaping
* Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
* Vehicle and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified
* Towing various trailers with flatbed trucks
* Aerial/Underground work as needed and directed and as trained
* Ability to troubleshoot RF and Fiber line and or equipment issues
* Construction and repair of underground RF and Fiber service
* Learn how to read and construct from a design schematic of map
* Learn all inventory and equipment required for these projects
* As applicable, learn and be certified on the use of equipment:
* Line truck
* Bucket truck
* Cable Reel equipment
* Saws and drills
* Ability to climb poles with climbing equipment safely
* Move and relocate RF and Fiber service
* Familiar with NESC (National Electrical Safety Commission) safety guidelines
* Valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
* Current Medical Card Certification
* Clean driving record
* Lift and carry up to 70 lbs
* Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process
* Must pass UI Test (urinalysis)
* Ability to read and understand design schematics and maps
* Climbing certification or related experience
* Practical working experience of overhead construction for both RF and Fiber
* Knowledge of Overhead Bill of Materials
* City, County and State clearance code knowledge and related
* Extensive knowledge of Network architecture and design for both RF and Fiber networks
* Flagger Certified for field work as needed
* Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced high volume work environment
DON\'T MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publicly traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.