Cell Engineering Technician, Quality Engineering 2/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
Tesla is looking for highly motivated Quality Engineering Technician to lead and support cell and module quality inspection, root cause analysis, critical Li-ion cell component analysis, and data analysis in both manufacturing and lab environments for Cell Quality and Cell Manufacturing teams.
* Support all aspects of Cell Quality activities in Fremont area, including
* Cell and module disassembly, root cause analysis.
* Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers to drive rapid improvement of observed inline and field issues, establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.
* Analyze and interpret data independently, develop new hardware and software tools to increase our detection capabilities and decrease labor.
* Support FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
* Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
* Monitor quality, determine the root cause of problems and implement corrective actions and countermeasures.
* Maintain product quality plans and control plans.
* Maintain quality performance metrics and drive issues to root cause solutions.
* Assist in cell disposition, and excursions. Work closely with Tesla and suppliers to quickly identify and resolve any cell-related issues.
* Work with Manufacturing Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
* Process and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO s) as required.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing and external suppliers.
* Work with Supply Quality Engineering and Suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements.
* Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
* 4+ years of detailed hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of current Model 3, Model S and X module design, procedures and practices of root cause analysis for cell-related issues in Tesla packs and modules, typical issues and resolution pathways.
* 6+ years of high and low voltage systems experience
* Above average manual dexterity and visual acuity are required in order to perform delicate assembly and disassembly tasks.
* Ability and passion to perform hands-on tasks such as cell openings and inspections.
* Interface, perform inspections or other job function in multiple Bay Area Tesla facilities and/or groups, including Tesla Fremont factory, Tesla Head Quarter, Lathrop Remanufacturing.
* Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills, excellent communication skills.
* Strong desire to learn and use advanced characterization and analysis techniques in cell quality work processes
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to lift and sort parts of up to 20 pounds as needed.
* Experience within quality systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
* Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
* Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software.
* Programming/Database Experience (SQL, Python, MATLAB, R, etc.)
* Desire and skills to develop new diagnostics hardware and software for high voltage systems
* Familiarity with lab material characterization techniques
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.