Certified Health Physicist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/20/2019
END DATE 12/6/2019
North Wind - Portage
JOB DESCRIPTIONCertified Health Physicist
North Wind - Portage
Certified Health Physicist
North Wind Portage, a CIRI Company, is seeking a full-time Certified Health Physicist to provide technical, programmatic, and operational assistance to field and corporate projects. We are seeking an experienced health physicist who can support multiple projects and programs across the country and effectively manage the technical and operational challenges associated with radiation health & safety controls.
Manage, coordinate, and administer the various technical and operational aspects of Radiation Protection and Radiological Control on projects and programs across the country. Provide professional level health physics technical assistance to support project and program activities on an as-needed basis. Such technical assistance will involve application of radiation protection theory and fundamentals to practical RADCON Program situations and issues. Perform special project technical evaluation, development, design, planning, and support activities for dosimetry, air monitoring, instrumentation, MARSSIM / Final Status Survey, etc. Potential areas of assistance include performing complex survey and sampling design, data assessment and interpretation, hazard assessment and control, and guideline development. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The position will support multiple remediation and D&D projects across the country as well as corporate-level programs and proposals - 20-40% travel is expected.
* BS degree in health physics or related field
* Certified Health Physicist
* Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience
* DOE L or Q or DoD Secret or Top-Secret Clearance or ability to obtain
* RESRAD and MARSSIM experience
* MS degree in health physics or related field (Preferred)
* Additional safety certifications (CIH, CSP) preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Strong, comprehensive knowledge and practical application of radiation protection theory, including internal and external dosimetry, shielding design, ALARA evaluation, regulatory requirements, instrument selection and application, health effects of radiation, radiological hazard assessment and control, survey design and implementation, sampling strategies for environmental media, laboratory analysis of environmental samples, statistical methods, and data assessment and interpretation.
* Demonstrated ability to implement and apply theory and technical knowledge to solve complex RADCON issues and provide technical bases for program activities.
* Comprehensive knowledge of national and international regulations, standards, recommendations and guidance relative to radiation protection and safety.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and review policies and technical procedures related to health physics and dosimetry operations.
* Thorough working knowledge of computer application for databases, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, and word processing.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills. The ability to facilitate corrective action, monitor work, and coordinate the activities of others as it pertains to health physics.
* Proficiency and experience in technical health physics operations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated ability to lead integrated project teams and manage RADCON programs on complex projects and to lead proactive and corrective action, monitor work, manage conflict, and coordinate the activities of others.
* Demonstrated ability to interface with clients, manage customer expectations and satisfaction, provide status reports to internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to supervise and integrate individuals at many different levels (i.e., craft, technicians, health & safety, professionals).
* Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
* Ability to assist in developing project approaches, schedules and budgets related to RADCON and Radiation Protection activities;
* A demonstrated advanced knowledge of applicable regulations and pertinent industry standards.
* Ability to work overtime and travel as needed.
* Experience in a DOE/DOD work environment.
* Specific experience with decontamination & decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste management, or health physics/radiological control strongly desired.
MENTAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write plans, procedures, routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence
* Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly on a technical level
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear
* Ability to perform repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, wrists and arms
* Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
* Ability to participate in physically demanding work while wearing personnel protective equipment including respiratory protection. Medically qualified to wear a respirator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to normal office conditions when not in the field. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When visiting site locations, employee may be exposed to radiological hazards, extreme weather conditions, loud noise, or be required to wear personal protective equipment and respiratory protection.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paidleave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we arecommitted to employee wellness, professional development, and work-lifebalance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! Formore information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career OpportunitiesPage.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will bedetermined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with adisability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of theapplication process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or usethis online application process and need an alternative method for applying,you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request forReasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Portage is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration