Certified Medical Asst - Chestnut Hill 7/26/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
The Medical Assistant performs routine delegated clinical patient care duties in the health system medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure the office runs smoothly. The delegated tasks are within the supervising physician s scope of practice and consistent with the medical assistant are education, training, and experience. Must be willing to rotate if needed to other Care Network sites within the designated cluster. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Duties May Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
Answer Telephones Using Phone Etiquette.
Greet Patients Using Patient Centered Care.
Update And File Patient Medical Records Using Electronic And Paper Systems Effectively.
Arrange For Laboratory Services.
Perform Other Administrative Duties As Directed.
Clinical Duties May Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
Assist Medical And Nursing Staff In A Variety Of Tasks Including:
Obtain And Record Physical Measurements: Weight, Height, Head Circumference, Growth Chart Completion.
Document Delegated Specific Medical History Data Such As Allergies, Reason For Visit.
Document Vital Signs And Pain Screens - Notifies The Registered Nurse Or Physician When Vital Signs Or Pain Screen Are Out Of Range.
Has The Ability To Identify Patients In Distress And Notify Appropriate Care Team Timely.
Utilize Infection Prevention And Control Procedures According To Policy.
Assist The Physician During Examination And Procedures.
Collect And Prepare Laboratory Specimens, Phlebotomy According To Health System Standards.
Perform Basic Laboratory Tests On The Premises Within POCT Standards, Maintains Refrigerator And QC Logs.
Clean And Sterilize Medical Instruments Using Health System Standards.
Reinforce The Patient/family Understanding Of The Educational Content As Delegated By The Physician.
Prepare And Administer Medications As Directed By A Physician Per Standard Of Care.
Prepare Patients For X-rays, Tests And Procedures.
Perform Electrocardiograms Using Age Specific Standards.
* Demonstrate commitment to patient safety by speaking up about safety issues and changing practice to enhance safety. Share errors through system reporting mechanisms, and demonstrate shared accountability for safe practices.
* Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician consistent with the CMAs education, training and experience and within state medical practice.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
CMA, RMA, NCMA, CCMA, or NRCMA
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High School/GED. Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
Required Experience: One (1) year of work experience PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Experience: Experience in a medical office setting ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
* Ability to maintain quality control standards.
* Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
* Ability to react and communicate clearly, calmly and effectively.
* Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
* Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
* Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
* Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
* Perform care according to age specific competencies.
* Daily clinic preparation process; registration, scheduling, charge posting, order entry.
* Ability to document and communicate pertinent information.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff. Ability to work effectively in a team.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.