Certified Medication Aide/CMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/7/2020
END DATE 7/3/2020
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the administering of medication to residents.
* Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician.
* Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures and practices of this facility, and requirements of the state.
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident.
* Complete necessary forms, charts and reports in a timely matter.
* Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled, returned and reordered.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide in this state.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Knowledge of the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols and terms relative to the administration of medications.
* Ability to accurately measure, record and report the vital signs of a resident.
* Effectively communicate necessary resident information to Charge Nurses, Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.