Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool 9/2/2020
Prestige Care, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join our Washington team! We offer part time, full time, and per-diem shifts travelling to our Skilled Nursing Facilities in Central/Eastern Washington. All through one company with ONE set of expectations!:
Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. Answers residents call lights promptly and courteously.
* Ensuring that individualized care plans are followed by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents needs / preferences.
* Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals care plan requirements.
* Provides care that maintains each resident s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears plus other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
* Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
* Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention
* Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials
* Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors
* Attends and participates in resident activities and the execution of the Expressions of My Life programming for Expressions memory care residents
* Incorporates the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information into routine tasks and ADL s for Expression memory care residents
* Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
* Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing appropriate judgment
* Other duties as assigned
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the residents and Prestige employees.
* Ensure Residents safety by adhering to all Prestige policies and procedures. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Adheres to Prestige policies and procedures including attendance policy.
* Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate work attire. Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other job related duties.
A minimum of three months prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred. Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must hold current Certification in State in which services are delivered or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment. Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various