Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) 8/20/2020
Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and more. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The CNA performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, the CNA performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
* Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
* Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
* Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
* Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
* Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
* Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
* Provides supports by promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Founded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288 bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities.
At Northside Hospital:
* We are a Leapfrog \\"A\\" which is our patient safety rating. We are the only hospital in St. Pete with this rating.
* We are one of the 2020 Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces. This is a survey of staff and they vote on culture, leadership and overall engagement at the facility.
* We have one of the best metrics door to needle stroke metrics in the entire company of HCA.
* #1 in HCA for Mortality - Lowest in HCA Q2, Q3,Q4 2019.
* American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Honor Roll Elite, STEMI & Heart Failure Gold Plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* CNA CERTIFICATION WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA
1+ year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
Current BLS Certification from the American Red Cross (HCA chosen provider) OR American Heart Association is required
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal skills on
Ability to read/comprehend written instructions
Ability to follow verbal instructions
Lifting 50 Lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 Lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.