Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), San Antonio, TX, US ID#16142 10/17/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), San Antonio, TX, US ID#16142
When your mission depends on quality health care, rely on a team who can deliver results. From cutting-edge analysis to optimized health programs, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) can manage any size federal project. Federal clients who partner with CNHS improve their access to care, medical readiness and program efficiency. Wherever the mission takes you, CNHS delivers world-class solutions, on time and on budget.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/Home.aspx
Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
* Advise appropriate anesthesiologist of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions; take appropriate actions as directed or required.
* Assist with the training of other staff personnel to include in venipuncture and intravenous therapy, respiratory care, and anesthesia.
* Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all prepared reports/forms by affixing his/her own signature to the documents after validation.
* Attend and participate in professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
* Performs department quality improvement activities as assigned by the department chief.
* Maintains cleanliness of anesthesia work areas and equipment
* Rotates stock and removal of supplies nearing expiration
* Reviews and updates departmental operating instructions.
* Acts as Hospital committee representation.
* Conducts orientation of personnel.
* Performs other job related duties as required.
Oversees the departments of the company through the supervision of the following positions: Vice President of Operations, Vice President of Administration and Finance, Director of Purchasing and Director of Information Systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Must have a Master's degree from an accredited program in nurse anesthesia and have at least 12 months within the last 24 months providing epidural analgesia (labor epidurals).
* Shall be a graduate from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing (BSN) acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
* Have and maintain a current license to practice nursing as a registered nurse in a US jurisdiction.
* Must complete a course in nurse anesthesia acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
* Have and maintain current certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
* Have experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Shall hold current certification from an approved national CRNA certifying body (Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists).
* Shall maintain certification and be recertified every 2 years by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
Work is normally performed in a hospital environment, with long periods of standing, walking, and sitting.
View all of our open positions here: Cherokee Nation Businesses Careers
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.