Charge Nurse-15 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION SUMMARY: Assesses needed nursing care and monitoring; provides direct nursing care services to clients/patients. Possesses leadership skills. Able to perform Charge Nurse Duties. General knowledge base in Mental Health and Addictions nursing and Psychotropic medications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an approved school or college of nursing; current Florida licensure as a registered professional nurse. CPR certified. Minimum of one year experience as an RN in an acute care setting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Mental Health Nursing experience with Adults and Adolescents
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: POSSESSES written and verbal skills for effective communication. Performs basic EMR (Electronic Medical Record) computer skills. Detailed oriented with effective problem solving skills. Possesses leadership skills effectively leading a team. Knowledge base in Psychotropic Medications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
Performs Nursing Assessments and monitoring of Adults/Adolescents Obtains and enters orders into EMR from Attending/on-call physician Administers medications and treatments efficient and effectively as prescribed by a physician. Evaluates clients/patients nursing needs; develops and maintains Treatment Plan. Provides guidance to Behavioral Health Technicians in their administering to the nursing needs of clients/patients. Coordinates client/patient staff assignments for patient care and documentation Effectively leads team in delivering patient care as unit Charge Nurse Actively participates in PI (Peer Review) and disseminates information to staff. Monitors seclusion and restraint for appropriate patient care and documentation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Noise level is high in some patient care areas. The position as described walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours. Is subject to frequent interruptions. Is involved with clients, residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., in a behavioral health hospital and addictions setting. The employee will frequently be required to lift/pull/push/move up to 50 pounds. Must utilize conversational speech for effective verbal communication.
POSITION TYPE, EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL: Depends on Schedule
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.