Charge Nurse - Operating Room 5/7/2020
Seattle Children's Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Seattle Children's seeks an experienced OR Circulator for a Charge RN role as our clinical volumes and facilities rapidly expand.
We provide care to newborns-adults in the following services: Cardiovascular, Neurosurgery, Cranio facial, Robotics, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Urology, General Surgery, Gynecology, Dental/Oral, Orthopedics including Complex Spine, Transplant and Ortho-oncology.
This is a Night shift, 0.6 - 0.9 FTE
In accordance with House Bill 1155 (effective January 1, 2020), the following areas have clinical unpredictable needs and as a result will have a call obligation within their nursing positions: Apheresis, Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, ECMO, Home Care Services, Imaging Services (including GI Procedures), Perioperative Services, and Transplant Coordinators.
* Active Washington State RN license.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Minimum 1 year Pediatric experience
* Current BLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider, American Safety and Health Institution Professional Level or American AED/CPR Association - Professional Rescuer)
* Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) is mandatory within 3 months of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
* Experience as an OR RN
* Minimum of 2 years of current inpatient operating room experience as an RN Circulator
* Specialty certification CNOR
* Nursing Bachelor s Degree -- BSN
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.