Chemical Demil Plant Operator 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000 acre depot stores mustard and nerve agent in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities as well as First of a Kind (FOAK) technology. Parsons is currently seeking CHEM DEMIL PLANT OPERATORS to fill the following positions:
* Waste Operator
* CHB/UPA Operator
* Munitions Delivery Operator
* BIN Truck Driver
* SCWO Operator
* BCA Operator
* TMA Operator
* Residue Operator
* Residue Coordinator
* UPA/Munitions Handler
* Waste Operator/Munitions Handler
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but, are not limited to:
* Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
* Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
* May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
* Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
* Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
* Apply proper treatments to waste and wastewater at specific stages of treatments.
* Monitor control panels, meters, and process equipment making adjustments as required.
* Establish and maintain preventative maintenance program on all equipment and plant facilities according to requirements.
* Complete logs, reports and documentation. * Assist with related plant duties. * Promote positive relations with the public.
* Must comply with Conduct of Operations (CONOPS). Other duties as may be assigned.
* High School Degree or equivalent and one (1) year of experience.
* Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement.
* Able to wear and work in various levels of personal protective clothing.
* Industrial experience in a demilitarization facility, chemical plant, nuclear or fossil power generating station, military, industrial service (e.g., secure facilities), or manufacturing plant.
* Experience operating lifting devices, hoists, and overhead cranes.
* Ability to obtain Commercial Driver s License (CDL) with HAZMAT endorsement.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:BGCAPP is subject to the Army Regulations (AR 50-6 Chemical Surety and AR 190-59 Chemical Agent Security Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship and the ability to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Local Credit Check. (NACLC).BGCAPP is a Drug Free Workplace. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment.This position may also require use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and personnel must pass a respirator fit test and pulmonary function test.Lifting/Carrying: Occasionally, up to 50 lbs. Climbing: Occasionally. Bending/Kneeling: Occasionally. Sitting: Infrequent. Walking/Standing: Frequently. Hearing: Able to hear audible alarms. Vision: Able to see/read/understand warning lights/signs. Ability to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) site access is required. Access requirements include completion of a local records check and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) check.
BGCAPP operates on a 24/7 schedule including weekends and holidays. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.