Chief Information Security Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/19/2019
END DATE 9/19/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONChief Information Security Officer
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and serving as a key member of the IT executive team, the CISO is responsible for developing and managing Information Security as a strategic imperative to protecting Equinix s enterprise, brand, and reputation. A key element of the Chief Information Security Officer s role is working with executive management to determine and manage to acceptable levels of risk for the organization. The Chief Information Security Officer must be highly knowledgeable about the business environment and must ensure that information systems are maintained in a fully functional, secure mode.
Establishing Executive Security Strategy
* Develop, manage and set the vision for Information Security at Equinix periodically reporting to the executive team and Board of Directors
* Define and articulate clear goals and priorities for the Global Information Security Program
* Direct initiatives related to Information Security strategic planning and quantify metrics, KPI s, and OKR s
* Set and actively manage budget for Information Security
* Promote global awareness of Information Security throughout Equinix
* Ensure that Information Security is adequately represented and managed across lines of businesses
* Prioritize and delegate risk assessment activities, remediation projects, and ensure completion to stated outcomes
* Oversee new security technologies and coordinate internal/external audits and support associated remediation plans
* Foster an open culture while balancing security needs globally for Equinix
* Serve as chair of the cybersecurity steering committee
* Consult, plan, and collaborate and prioritize cyber risks and security plans with cybersecurity steering committee members and lines of business leaders
* Consult with and guide senior management in times of an Information Security crisis
* Advise executive management of changes in the technical, legal, and regulatory arenas around security
* Continuously improve security awareness and instill a risk-aware culture in the organization
* Engage 3rd party security vendors in assessing solutions against current or future needs
Managing Information Risk Management
* Develop and maintain a cybersecurity risk management framework including setting clear lines of risk governance and ownership
* Work with and influence project teams and business contacts with regard to security controls and risk mitigation projects
* Certify and attest to technology compliance with company-wide Information Security policies
* Define Information Security metrics and report them to the cybersecurity steering committee, executive team, and board of directors
* Work with technical teams to approve security architecture, policies, standards, guidelines
* Specify and quantify conditions for risk tolerance and acceptance
* Recruit and continuously develop and manage the global information security staff
Driving Security Operational Processes
* Ensure security architecture deliverables reflect and support Equinix s business, technical, operational, and
* compliance objectives
* Develop and maintain detailed security state architectures for InfoSec technologies
* Review threat and vulnerability reports and aid in security control selection to address risk remediation
* Maintain awareness of IT/Security industry trends, new solutions and techniques, as well as emerging threats
* Participate in project Architectural Review process: ensure that proposed designs conform to architectural patterns and identify needs for new architectural pattern development
* Keep up to date on security domain knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including active participation in professional organizations and industry panels
* Ensure, and create, as needed, security processes, practices and operations to ensure repeatable results
* Lead efforts to create security standards and vulnerability management, security patching, and hardening policies and procedures functionally and/or globally as needed
* Participate in developing designs for the enterprise network security environment
Lead teams in development of security requirements
* Work closely with project management, IT, and Product engineering teams to ensure that projects meet or exceed security requirements.
* Communicate effectively with external vendors, partners, and customers, as well as other internal teams including hardware and software engineering, product marketing, and systems engineering techniques related to information security
* Collaborate with the information risk management and compliance groups to identify, prioritize and respond to risk components, developing security architecture and process in support of business strategy
The Chief Information Security Officer must be a well-rounded, seasoned and strategic leader capable of effecting system-wide change through influence and persuasion.
Specific Competencies Include:
* 10+ years of security related executive leadership within a complex global business environment; including experience as the Chief Information Security Officer of a large scale global company.
* Strong track record of leadership, with the ability to influence throughout the organization, across all divisions and effectively communicate a business vision, key objectives, security needs and personal contributions. Effective and comfortable managing different stakeholders without full accountability for the entire security landscape of the organization.
* Established history of effectively managing large teams on an international basis with an impressive track record of developing talent. Highly technical, confident at the operational management level and comfortable in an engineering-heavy organization.
* Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only track activity but also quantify the impact of security initiatives on the financial, growth, and performance of the business. Ability to calculate execution velocity.
* Experience with securing highly sensitive data, and maintaining its security as a top priority; understanding big data and technology at scale.
* Experience designing enterprise-wide information security organizational structures and processes.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability