CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/10/2019
END DATE 2/29/2020
West Oaks Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing 10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune ranked 276 on the Fortune 500, and listed 275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
West Oaks Hospital (Houston, TX) is currently recruiting for a Chief Operating Officer. West Oaks Hospital has provided psychiatric care to the Houston area and surrounding communities for over three decades. Our 160-bed acute care facility is fully accredited and includes a 16-bed residential treatment center for adult chemical dependency. We offer a broad range of behavioral health programs for children, adolescents and adults. Treatment is offered at multiple levels of care including inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient.
The COO provides day to day operations of the hospital. Implements strategy of CEO and Corporation. Manages hospital departments efficiently and effectively to maximize quality of services and profits of the hospital.
This leader also:
* Directs effective quality operations to maximize return on investment and community reputation. Increases revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintains or decreases the effective bad debt rate, achieves the margin percentage, and implements operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
* Develops and provides quality programs and service to the community. Manages and implements programs to ensure all employees are committed to quality and service.
* Manages and develops employees. Through appropriate management practices, creates a hospital climate to motivate employees to highest performance. Establishes direction, coaches employees, provides feedback, and builds commitment.
This opportunity provides the following:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
* 401k plan with company match
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Five years of hospital experience with a minimum of two to three years as a senior level manager is required.
* Bachelor s degree required, Master s degree preferred in Business, Health Administration or other closely related field.
* Must be organized and be able to manage multiple diverse departments.
* Must be detail oriented, focus on nuances of multiple hospital operations, and be able to manage communication with employees and vendors.
* Must be able to motivate, inspire, and communicate with individuals and groups.
* Knowledge of the financial implications of decisions including budgeting and forecasting is required.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.