Child and Youth Program Assistant 9/13/2020
Department of the Air Force
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
ABOUT THE POSITION: This position is located the Luke Child Development Center on Luke AFB.
The position may require the incumbent to transport children in a government vehicle therefore a valid state driver's license must be obtained and maintained; a good driving record may be required as a condition of employment.
Pay will be set based on experience and education and/or certification:
Target Level: $15.49
Intermediate Level: $13.41
Entry Level: $12.65
RESPONSIBILITIES CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ALL LEVELS):
The incumbent will serve as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more child and youth programs and will be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Provides care/supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants. Assists in preparing age appropriate activities; supervises children and youth during indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events; arranges and serves snacks/meals. Executes work in accordance with policies and regulations. May be required to transport children in government vehicles.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Coordinates and conducts activities for children and/or youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements program options for children and youth with special requirements. Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Assists in planning, coordinating and conducting activities for program participants. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements daily schedules and activity plans to ensure age/stage appropriateness. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
Performs simple routine tasks following step-by-step instructions. Assists in providing planned activities using prepared curriculum and program materials. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Generates a list of needed supplies and equipment. Attends to the physical needs of the children, as applicable.
If interested in this position please preview the online application:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT * This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
* This position has been identified as a Test Designated Position (TDP). The incumbent of this position will be subject to and must consent to a pre-employment and random drug testing.
* This position has physical lifting requirement which requires the incumbent to complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
* This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain, maintain, and provide evidence of current immunizations this includes annual influenza vaccinations and be free of all communicable diseases.
* This position requires the incumbent to complete assigned training, to include Food Handlers certification, within specified time from date hire or assignment to position.
QUALIFICATIONS Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date , 11/30/2020
* Business Based Action
* Military Spouse Preference
* Outside Applicant Veteran
* Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
* Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE: ALL LEVELS
Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent; and be able to provide proof (i.e., diploma or equivalent) for verification.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-02 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of applicable training modules;
30 semester hours above the high school level which included at least 15 semester hours in early childhood education, youth development, or related fields.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-01 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of 3 AF modules (or equivalent) AND AF Orientation Training Program;
15 semester hours above the high school level in early childhood education, youth development, or related field.
CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
This is an entry level position; no previous experience required.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does allow for education substitution in order to qualify.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION * Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position. This includes providing any supporting documents needed for verification.
* Applicants MUST be at least 18 years of age at time of hire
* This position requires the incumbent to be able to read, speak, and write English
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
* Direct deposit is required
* Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
* A probationary period may be required
* Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
* Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest
* Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement
* Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has