Child Care Worker (Pediatrics)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 7/24/2020
PSC Medical Day at Danville
The Child Care Worker of the Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center provides individuals with routine daily care and services. This team member provides recreational activities for the individuals by assisting in planning, conducting, evaluation and participating in one-on-one and group activity programs as directed in accordance with the requirements of the policies and procedures of the facility as well as with federal, state and local standards governing the PPECC.
* Responsible for performing all assigned tasks in accordance with the established policies and procedures under the direction of a Supervisor.
* Provides the individuals with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care and services including but not limited to keeping individuals dry (i.e., changing clothing when it becomes wet or soiled), changing bed/crib linens, assisting individuals with bowel and bladder functions, assisting with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting individuals into and out of beds, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., assisting individuals to walk with or without self-help devices.
* Checks each individual routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are met.
* Reports all changes in the individual s condition to the Supervisor as soon as possible.
* Based on each individual s ability, provides activities that enhance self-esteem, maintain or improve physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
* Assists with activity planning and preparation by assuring supplies are available and the room is prepped accordingly.
* Prepares individuals for meals and assists with the serving and feeding of meals as indicated in individual s care plan.
* Documents all provided services (i.e., ADL care, meals and activity participation) in the individual s medical record.
* Performs routine housekeeping duties (i.e., cleaning equipment, toys, spills, etc.) before leaving work area for breaks or at the end of the workday; stores all tools, equipment and supplies properly.
* Assists with loading/unloading individuals from vehicles as necessary.
* Participates in Quality Assurance Programs, and any PPECC committees, or programs which seek to improve the performance and accuracy of the individual s care.
* Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the PPECC and shift.
* Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter-departmental staff within the PPECC to assure that services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the individuals.
* Acts as a positive representative of the PPECC by interacting with individuals, staff and visitors in a courteous manner.
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep staff abreast of changes in the profession, regardless of them being provided by the PPECC.
* May be responsible for the safe transport of children in a PSC owned vehicle.
* Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
* Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
* Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
* Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
* Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care s Mission, Vision, and Values.
* Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
* High school diploma or GED
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a health care or child care setting
* Possesses and maintains current, valid CPR and First Aid Certification
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Proficiency with computer programs and applications
* Must have a current, valid driver license
* Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant Certification preferred
Pediatric Specialty Care is expanding our services in the Danville area and is a Medical Day Care Program! This state-of-the-art facility will provide a warm,caring and engaging environment for children. Appropriate for most children who qualify for in-home nursing care,Pediatric Specialty Care offers a dependable resource for parents or caregivers who are working or in school full-time.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.