Children s Health Home Care Manager (Merraine Group) 6/6/2020
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join Our Mission
Come join a team responsible for individualized, patient centered plans of care to integrate a continuum of medical, behavioral health services, rehabilitative, long term care and social service needs. The Care Manager is responsible for core services of health home care management including comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, youth and family support and referral services while using technology to link services. This position involves creating, documenting, executing and updating the individualized plan of care to identify and integrate all providers directly involved in the child's care.
* Demonstrated ability to support the patient and family including utilizing peer support, support groups, and self-care programs to increase patient's knowledge about their disease, engagement and self-management capabilities, and to improve adherence to prescribed treatment
* Knowledge of community and social support services including identifying available community-based resources and actively manage appropriate referrals, access engagement, follow-up and coordination of services Demonstrated use of Health Information Technology to inputs required health data information into systems accessible to multi-disciplinary team of providers
* Exhibited relationship management skills including ability to engage youth and families, community partners, and stakeholders. Ability to provide superior customer service
* Ability to handle crisis intervention in solution focused manner. Demonstrated problem solving and creative thinking skills Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to complete reports and paperwork within strict deadlines and timeframes. Proven attention to detail and ability to manage high volume paperwork
* Handles confidential information with discretion and observe confidentiality according to agency policy and HIPAA regulations Must become certified CANS (Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths with demonstrated knowledge of assessments, treatment planning and goal setting
* Working knowledge of MS Office and other computer related programs. Must be able to become proficient in using state required databases and meet state requirements for reporting and completing progress notes, etc.
* Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills
* Ability to work with an economically and culturally diverse population
* Bachelor's degree featuring a major or concentration in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreation or recreation therapy, counseling, community mental health, child and family studies, sociology, speech and hearing or other human services field required; plus two years of experience required in providing direct services to people with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders; or in linking individuals with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (e.g. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services).
* Bachelor's level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses; or Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).
* NYS teacher's certificate for which a bachelor's degree is required; or NYS licensure and registration as a Registered Nurse and a bachelor's degree
* Master's degree in one of the above qualifying education fields may be substituted for one year of experience Demonstrated ability to coordinate comprehensive transitional care ensuring safe transitions in care.
* Must have a current, valid driver's license per Agency guidelines. Travel required.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, outside of normal business hours including nights and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)