Civil Engineer/Project Manager 6/5/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Civil Engineer/Project Manager for our Charlotte, NC office. We re looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in storm water and municipal projects in the area. Individual will be responsible for design in all aspects of each project, as well as preparation of all associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets. This person will perform project design duties with a team to develop detailed design documents. The Civil Engineer/Project Manager will also assist with developing and managing project budgets and schedules and leading project teams in permitting and construction activities. Candidate should have the ability to work closely with clients and agency staff, including attendance at public and/or construction meetings and also represent the company at other events as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
* 6-10 years of experience directly related to design and construction of stormwater, municipal, and land development projects.
* An NC PE license is required or ability to obtain
* Experience in storm water analysis and modeling.
* Strong computer skills utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D, storm water modeling software, as well as Microsoft Office programs.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work and interact with clients, maintain project budgets and schedules.
* Ability to provide technical expertise to design staff.
* Must have the ability to coordinate project submittals and facilitate regulatory agency approvals.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.