Civil Engineer 5/7/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID
# of Openings
US-FL-Santa Rosa Beach
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Destin / Santa Rosa Beach, FL office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of professionals and work on challenging projects. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site development, water resources engineering, and municipal engineering for public and private sector clients.
* Work on projects in all aspects of civil engineering including site design and grading plans, roadway design, water, sewer and stormwater utility design, wastewater treatment facility design
* Prepare construction drawings and specifications, cost estimates
* Perform stormwater calculations and reports
* Prepare permitting packages for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
* Perform site visits, construction inspection
* Attend construction meetings, meet with municipal and private section clients under the supervision of a P.E.
* Prepare Traffic Engineering analyses and reports
* Assists with proposals including bid documents, project reports, studies, and other documentation
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
* E.I. Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
* 2-5 years of experience; previous internship experience is a plus.
* Strong time management skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
* Working knowledge with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
* Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
* Working knowledge with ICPR 3 / 4 is a plus.
* Working knowledge of ARC GIS products is a plus.
* Knowledge of fishing and golfing is a plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.