Civil Project Engineer I - Land Development 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking caniddates for an entry level Civil Project Engineer I position in our growing Land Development group in our Ashburn, VA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology
* Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
* Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
* Work to complete design details and plan sets
* Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
* Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
* Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff
* Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* A bachelors or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field
* Ideal candidates will have coursework related to land development civil engineering
* EIT preferred
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D software is strongly preferred
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.