Civil Structural Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/31/2020
END DATE 3/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTION* 30-Jan-2020 to 01-Mar-2020 (EST)
* Engineering - Analysis & Design
* Essex, CT, USA
* Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Kleinschmidt has an immediate opening for a Civil Structural Engineer in our Essex, Connecticut, office.
* 8-15 years of civil structural work experience is preferred. Experience in the field of hydroelectric projects and dam safety is desirable
* PE licensure is required
* Project management experience including management of multiple projects concurrently and working with multi-discipline teams
* Business development and client management experience
* Experience in the analysis and design of concrete and steel structures, hydraulics, and soil mechanics
* Knowledge of standards and codes applicable to the structural engineering discipline
* Experience with structural and hydraulic modeling software and CAD software
* Experience with mentoring junior staff
* Experience with the regulatory and permitting process
* Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Good oral and written communication skills
* BSCE is required. An emphasis in Structural Engineering is preferred. A Master's degree in civil engineering or a related engineering field is desirable
* Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States
* Be willing to travel
Typical duties of this position include structural and general civil design tasks under the direction of senior-level staff. The successful candidate will be part of a team of technical professionals working on various hydroelectric and other renewable energy projects in the U.S. and Canada. The successful candidate will be mentored by our senior-level staff in the fields of hydroelectric and fish passage facilities design while incorporating the skills of civil, structural, and hydraulic engineering. The successful candidate will manage the efforts of junior-level staff, drafters, and project coordinators on projects in the northeast region and across North America.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm.
Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, national origin, disability status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. Kleinschmidt Group https://kleinschmidtgroup.applicantpro.com