Class A CDL Truck Driver - Live Haul 6/6/2020
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics. The primary purpose of a Live Haul Driver is driving a livestock trailer to farms, loading live pigs and delivering them to Clemens Food Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must have all the correct invoices for each customer.
* Pre-trips the truck and checks the load before leaving.
* Must have complete control of equipment and pigs at all times.
* Must drive safely and treat customers with courtesy.
* Unloads all pigs at Clemens Food Group.
* Performs Post-trips on the truck.
* Fills out the proper paperwork.
* Maintains a good safety record.
* Must communicate with the dispatch office as needed or requested.
* Must maintain proper communication with the Farmer(s) to ensure no problems are encountered with pick-up.
* Must meet all Federal and State DOT requirements. Transport Quality Assurance certified animal welfare training (administered by PVT).
* Must have a CDL Class A with air brake endorsement.
* Must have at least 1 year experience driving a tractor-trailer.
* Must have a clean driving record.
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move more than 100 pounds.
* Able to work in/around manure.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours which may include overnight hours. Weekend and holiday work required when plant is in operation.
* Work schedule and work days vary based on plant production and DOT hours of service regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.