Class A CDL Truck Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2020
END DATE 8/14/2020
Foxworth Galbraith Lumber Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a CDL Class A Truck Driver to help deliver merchandise to customer sites and provide customer service as needed while ensuring the safety of associates, clients and the general public by adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Performance Appraisal (PA) measurements are noted in brackets [___].
1. Load and deliver merchandise to customer site as required. Ensure load is properly secured and truck balanced for safe transport of merchandise. Unload merchandise in a safe and presentable manner in the proper location according to customer directions and Company policy. Safely operate truck according to Company driving standards. Maintain delivery schedule. [PA: Merchandise delivered safely in a timely manner.]
2. Adhere to Federal and Company fleet maintenance standards. In accordance with FMCSR 396.11, drivers will inspect their assigned vehicle(s) at the end of the work day. In accordance with Foxworth-Galbraith policy, drivers will inspect their assigned vehicle(s) prior to leaving the yard at the beginning of the work day. Both inspections will be documented on forms provided by Foxworth-Galbraith and submitted to management. Advise management of mechanical and maintenance problems with truck to ensure that repairs and preventative maintenance are performed prior to leaving the yard. [PA: Truck properly maintained to decrease downtime and adhere to applicable laws and regulations.]
3. Obtain and complete all paperwork necessary for delivery or pickup of merchandise from customer site. Ensure all merchandise loaded and delivered is properly accounted for on required Company documents. Provide customer service at site and collect "Cash On Delivery" if required. [PA: All required paperwork filled out to support merchandise delivery or receipt.]
4. Report damage to equipment, merchandise or personal property immediately. [PA: Minimize impact of damaged property and merchandise by prompt reporting and handling of incident.]
5. Provide customer service by assisting with client needs and questions as work schedule allows.
[PA: Customer Service provided consistent with Company standards.]
6. Maintain a clean yard environment including warehouses, fences and open areas. Restock unsold products. Ensure work areas and customer areas are clear of trash, weeds and other obstacles to allow customer to shop easily and safely and to provide a safe work environment. [PA: Yard facilities maintained in accordance with Company standards.]
7. Fill duties and responsibilities of Forklift Operator, as required. [PA: Efficient operation of forklift.]
8. May participate in the execution of scheduled cycle counts as required. [PA: Accurate inventory counts.]
9. Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required. [PA: Satisfactory participation, retention and application of training program subjects.]
10. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned. [PA: Efficient completion of assigned duty, responsibility or task.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, invoices and work orders. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records;
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid commercial driver's license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence to operate the size and type of Company truck assigned is required. A valid medical card is also required. The driver's record must be acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company truck or vehicle.
Exceptional customer service skills are necessary. Ability to operate a forklift is highly required. Knowledge of building materials products and lumber including how to load and deliver is preferred. Geographic knowledge of delivery area(s) is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The Associate frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the