Client Advisor - Risk 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLIENT ADVISOR - RISK
Job Locations US
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if*
If so, then you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. The US Risk Delivery & Advisory team at SAS helps banks, insurance companies, and many other institutions with financial exposure quantify and manage financial risk in their organization.
What you ll do
As a Client Advisor, you will develop processes to oversee and standardize all aspects of service offerings and delivery from inception to steady state and serve as first point of contact for delivery-related requests. The Client Advisor typically involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Also establishes and builds broad, long-term relationships with key customers with the goal of maximizing customer adoption, satisfaction, and success at every stage of the customer life-cycle.
* Drive implementation life cycle for programs from inception through delivery for new and upgraded professional services or offerings.
* Assess and monitor risks, recommend and manage mitigating actions commensurate with risk levels.
* Measure and monitor internal, external and stakeholder client satisfaction and implement processes to improve satisfaction.
* Formulate, monitor and report metrics to measure and communicate program goals and schedules to cross-functional teams.
* Use program and portfolio management accountability methods and processes to ensure quality programs.
* Serves as escalation point for project issues across the accounts or program workstreams.
* Work with functional and constituent managers/project managers to define requirements for resources and coordinate the sharing of resources.
* Collaborate with SAS technical teams to ensure technology or implementation issues are quickly resolved.
* Create and maintain electronic shared repository of program management information for all programs.
* Contribute leading practices and lessons learned content to knowledge management repositories.
* Serve as an advisor to appropriate SAS Management Teams
* Develop and improve program processes and metrics that enable project managers, domain, business and technical consultants to successfully implement new technologies and solutions.
* Provides input into the design and documentation of various internal processes.
* Act as a mentor to new Academy Pre-Sales staff or others who may also be suited for a similar role in the future.
For those in global roles:
* Survey, analyze and create recommendations on programs to successfully achieve global stakeholder consensus.
* Forges a trusted advisor relationship with customers through deep understanding of customer domain and industry, strong presence with key customer decision-makers, and maintaining frequent contact and proximity (e.g. attending regular meetings at customer site) throughout all stages of the customer life-cycle.
What we\'re looking for
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Program Management Professional (PgMP) credentials
* Extensive experience with software or applications life cycle, preferably in one or more solution domain
* Ability to build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple executive levels, including those external to the organization
* Excellent presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
* Ability to facilitate collaboration across differing interests and agendas
* Significant experience in directing multi-cultural, global programs
* Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
* You re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified sas.com email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn