Clinical Data Specialist Pediatric Emergency Medicine Research
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/4/2019
END DATE 1/11/2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
This individual will be stationed in the Children's Medical Center Emergency Department and will screen/recruit/enroll subjects into various research studies. Prior clinical research experience (particularly with pediatric patients) is highly desired. The work schedule for this position is nights/weekends/holidays. This individual must be able to prioritize multiple projects at once and have excellent time-management and communication skills.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Associate's degree in related field and no experience required. Commercial Driver's License may be required in certain areas.
High school graduation or GED and two (2) years experience in research or clinical area or other related experience.
- Identifies inclusion/exclusion criteria, reads medical charts and enters data on new subjects; if they meet registration requirements in research study, enrolls subjects and instructs them in protocol procedures. Submits confidential records and research materials to study group reviewers at other institutions when applicable.
- Prepares statistical information for each subject entered in or removed from research study.
- Assesses and documents subjects' response to treatment through physical assessment and/or data analysis; reports any evidence of toxicity to drugs or chemicals used in treatment of subjects.
- Reviews data to determine treatment modifications and alterations between research study plan and actual subject care.
- Confers with physicians and nurses to obtain statistical information concerning subjects when they have tests performed or receive treatment elsewhere.
- May assist with preparation of annual or terminal summary for each research study as well as other required information for Institutional Review Board.
- Prepares data of any new research study for Institutional Review Board and informed consent for subjects' families.
- Purchases office equipment and laboratory supplies maintaining inventory and expense records.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression..