Clinical Dietitian Supervisor - Nutrition-Inpatient Adult (NTRTN AND DIETARY HC SUPV 2) - 20797
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/22/2020
END DATE 3/21/2020
University of California
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Clinical Dietitian Supervisor - Nutrition-Inpatient Adult (NTRTN AND DIETARY HC SUPV 2)
Mission Bay (SF)
40 ; 100%
Nutrition-IP Adult ML
This classification is not represented by a union
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what s possible for the patients we serve a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Department of Nutrition & Food Services has two major divisions: nutrition services and food services.
The department provides professional nutrition services and food to patients in the hospitals and clinics at Parnassus and Mount Zion sites. It is also operates a retail cafeteria at Parnassus and provides a full range of catering services to the Medical Center, Mount Zion, Mission Bay, campus, and the surrounding community.
Primary responsibilities include a clinical, in-patient assignment and supervisory duties. Supervises the adult and pediatric dietitian technicians, registeded in performance of patient care and other clinical responsibilities. Interprets nutrition policies into processes to guide the achievement of department goals and fulfillment of department standards. This position will also supervise dietitian technicians, registered.
Assigns work, monitors performance, provides guidance and direction to assigned staff. Evaluates compliance with departmental goals and suggests action plans to improve. Actively participates in Dietetic internship (teaches classes, precepts, engage in selection committee or advisory committee, etc).
Represents the department in interdisciplinary committees (eg: Education committee, Nutrition committee, Clinical Documentation Integrity WorkGroup, etc.)
* Registered Dietitian (RD)
* Certification in nutrition specialty area
* Academic and applied background in clinical nutrition for acute care setting; knowledge of medical nutrition therapy principles. Solid understanding of application of principles to fit needs of patients of diverse health situations
* Solid knowledge of dietary and nutrition, organization, HR and UC policies and processes; solid knowledge of all relevant industry federal, state and local laws and regulations
* Demonstrated leadership skills; motivates and inspires staff to improve the division; solid customer service skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
* Solid organizational skills applied to personal work and improving organization of assigned staff and department
* Actively cooperates and supports the work of others; effective communicator with peers, patients / families, and multidisciplinary team members; empathetic and aware of impact on others
* Solid skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify solutions; demonstrated ability to solve problems and suggest solutions through critical thinking process.
* Solid communication skills; includes active listening, critical thinking, advising and counseling skills; solid knowledge of common computer programs; demonstrated ability to teach others
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
* Master's Degree
* Registered Dietitian (RD)
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.