CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION COORD-FT-MMC-HMI-8A-5P
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
South Texas Health System
Responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation. Promotes a partnership between the concurrent clinical reviewers, medical record coders, and physicians to improve documentation and reimbursement for STHS. Facilitates clarification and specificity to clinical documentation through appropriate interaction with physicians, advocating for appropriate reimbursement. Supports the accuracy and completeness of the clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and hospital outcomes to reflect the patient's true severity of illness, intensity of care, and risk of mortality. Educates all members of the health care team on an ongoing basis.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Excellent critical thinking skills required and must be detail oriented.
* Knowledge of age-specific needs and elements of disease process and related procedures required. Strong broad based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology/physiology of disease processes.
* Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment is essential.
* Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures preferred, by not required.
* Computer literacy essential.
* Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS's Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Health Informtion Management; Advanced degree such as medical doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant acceptable.
* Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in an acute care setting; Critical Care, Medical/Surgical or Emergency Department nursing preferred.
* Must be able to travel between facilities as needed.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.